Tuesday, April 1, 2008

If I Were a Golfer I'd Follow This Guy's Advice

Personally, I hate golf. But my relatives are pretty darned good at it--including a 2nd(?) cousin on my father's side named Tommy Weiskopf. Now that I've established credibility, read on...

For you compliance professionals who like the game of golf but hate the way it makes you want to throw your clubs in the nearest water hazard, I recommend this book: Peace and Par, Enjoying Golf in the Now. My most enlightened friend, Mike Shingleton, wrote it and he did the golfing world a favor by introducing ancient breathing techniques to this too-often stress-inducing game. Read this book, practice the technique, and you'll be: a) happier and b) a better golfer. Oh, and you'll laugh along the way: Mike is a very funny guy.

Maybe his next work will help compliance folks breath easier during routine exams. I'll keep you posted. (But seriously, Mike Shingleton, a former institutional bond broker, leads in-office stress management sessions that are remarkably effective in reducing workplace anxiety. Even if you don't golf, Mr. Shingleton may be able to help you and your company.)

Here is the link to Mike's website: http://www.thenowsound.net/
And here is how you buy his book: http://www.amazon.com/Peace-Par-Enjoying-Golf-Now/dp/1419681419/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207058765&sr=8-1







No comments: