Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Allison Iraheta Memorial Promise and Red Flags Reprieve

In reaction to last night's travesty on American Idol, I now swear to you that by day's end I will have posted a message about my April conference notes. I have hunkered down and worked diligently on typing my notes--and translating my hand-scrawled gibberish. The wretched AmIdol results led me to this confinement: I am eschewing contact with the public today in hopes of snubbing those who cast votes for Danny. You Gokeyites who read my blog are henceforth required to either a) pay me money for the pleasure or b) promise you'll vote 30 million times for Adam next week.

In the mean time, I hope you've heard that (cut and pasted from FINRA's e-mail, emphasis added):

"FTC Delays Enforcement of FACT Act Red Flags Rule Until August 1
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has delayed until August 1 its enforcement of the new Red Flags Rule, which requires most broker-dealers to have in place a written program to identify, detect and respond to patterns, practices or specific activities that could indicate identity theft ("red flags"). In addition, the FTC will soon release a template to help entities with a low risk of identity theft to comply with the rule. Enforcement of the Red Flags Rule, which implements a section of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACT Act), was previously scheduled to begin on May 1."

God Bless the FTC. (I give all the credit to Obama.)

Be back soon.

No comments: